Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dj's redemption race



On a cool crisp morning in September, Dj set out to redeem himself after his highly scrutinized Reiter Memorial Race performance. Thank you Abby for that wonderful lead. As much as I wish people would forget all about that race...they won't. However, I did do much better in this race even though it was pretty much a training run for me because I was all alone for the whole race. The winner ran 16:56 and took first loser with a ground blazing 18:56. I feel comfortable with this time, but not satisfied. I plan to continue training and get down at least into the 17's.

2 comments:

scottelmlinger said...

First of all, let me be the first to say how incredible happy I am that you have started a blog. LIke i didnt have enough ammunition to make fun of DJ already.

Also, DJ, I am sorry but unless you qualify for the Olympics or something there will be no redemption for your display at the Republic 5k. The damage is done my friend.

Steph and Nathan Miller said...

DJ, I am proud of you! I give you credit for going out there and running...let alone running races! I can't get my lazy butt out there and run! Keep it up and good luck!